How to Update the Jeep Wrangler with a USB Drive
Have you heard about how to update the Jeep Wrangler with a USB Drive? The Jeep Wrangler, like many of the FCA vehicles, utilizes the UConnect system for a variety of connectivity features such as the ability to start your Jeep remotely, lock or unlock your cars, voice command, and more, but did you know you can update the system with a USB Drive. To check if your system needs an update go to driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html and put in your VIN number. If an update is available follow these steps.
How to Update the Jeep Wrangler with a USB Drive:
- Make sure you have your UConnect system, laptop, and a USB drive with at least 4GB of space available.
- Once you’ve determined that an update is necessary by checking the website, plug the USB drive into your laptop.
- You will be shown an optional tutorial on the website that will walk you through how to perform the update.
- You will have an option to download the contents directly from the browser so that you can put it on your USB drive or you can use the optional Acamai system for a quicker download.
- Once you have the contents downloaded to the USB drive, take it to your vehicle.
- Start your car, but remain in park while the download is taking place.
- The screen in your car will prompt you to update. Make sure the software you are updating is higher than the one you currently have. Select “Yes”
- Your system will begin resetting. Do not restart the car or remove the USB drive while the update is taking place. This could make the system inoperable so it’s important the update is carried all the way through.
- Once the update is completed the system will reset and return to a normal screen.
- After 60-90 seconds, the screen will prompt you asking you to confirm the update. If the numbers are the same. Select “No”
- The update is complete! You can remove your USB drive and turn the ignition off.
Show Me How:
You can learn more about the UConnect system in the Jeep here or feel free to speak to us today about any questions you have! Our staff is here to help you! For more Tech tips, follow Wilde Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.