How to Connect Apple CarPlay to a RAM 1500
Now that our Wilde team has just helped you purchase your new Ram 1500 you need to know how to connect Apple Carplay to the Uconnect system. It’s not as complicated as it sounds! Using this feature can make your drives safer, allowing you to make voice-activated hands-free phone calls in-vehicle through the Voice Command system on the RAM 1500 Uconnect dashboard. In order to use this technology, first you have to pair the phone to the Uconnect system with a compatible mobile phone. **Note you need an iPhone 5 or later to use CarPlay**
HOW TO USE APPLE CARPLAY:
- Make sure you have Siri turned on, which you can do by going to Settings > Siri & Search.
- Start your RAM 1500
- Plug your iPhone into the CarPlay USB port in the RAM 1500. If the CarPlay Home screen doesn’t appear, select the CarPlay logo on your car’s display.
- If your car supports CarPlay over a wired solution, plug your iPhone into the USB port of your car.
- If your car supports wireless CarPlay, press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel to set up CarPlay. Make sure that your car is in wireless or Bluetooth pairing mode. Navigate to CarPlay on your iPhone (Settings > General > CarPlay > Available Cars). Select your car.
- To use the Siri through CarPlay:
- Press and hold the Voice Control button on your steering wheel. Then ask speak to Siri
- If you have a touch screen, touch and hold the Home button in CarPlay until Siri appears on your stereo display.
WHAT CAN I USE APPLE CARPLAY FOR?
- Touchscreen navigation Apple Maps
- Listen to Apple Music
- Make calls and send messages with voice control through Siri
If CarPlay isn’t working like you expect, here’s are the most common ways to fix the problem. After each step, try using CarPlay again.
- Make sure that Siri is turned on.
- Restart your iPhone and your car.
- If you have another USB port, try connecting your iPhone to that one
- Try a different USB cable.
- Make sure your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS.
And that’s how to connect Apple Carplay to a RAM 1500! If you are still struggling to connect your devices, our team is always here to help! Call our service department today to schedule a time. For more Ram tips, Follow Wilde Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.